Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, gosh. I can't believe that I am already behind on my blog. I just started and now it has been a couple of weeks since my first post. Well, I just want to say that I never did get that nap! But, I guess that is how it goes when you are a mom....your job never ends!! Anyways, lets see.....what's new with my family. We added a new member to our family. We have a 14 week old Chihuahua puppy named Stella Belle Miracle Howard. What a big name for such a little puppy. She only weighs 2.5 pounds. Okay, so now to explain the name. Stella was the name that the breeder named her. Stella is also the name of a doll that my youngest daughter, Brenna, has had for several years. So, Stella is somewhat of a family name. Since we kept Stella for the first name, I told Lauren that she could pick the middle name. And, Brenna wanted to put her two cents in, so she chose Miracle. Poor Stella! What a name! Stella is such a cutie! Unfortunately, we found out the she has a pretty significant heart murmur. However, we were already so attached to her, that we decided to keep her and give her the best life possible, whether it be 3 months, 3 years, or 13 years. The vet said that there is no way to estimate the amount of time that she will get to spend with us. We are making the best of it! Boy, I forgot how stressful it is to potty-train! I know that it is a little bit different than potty-training children, but, good grief! I was starting to think, "What did I get myself into?", but things are getting better. Well, it is very late, and I should get to bed. I will write more soon, and I promise not to wait so long! Thanks for reading and have a safe Memorial Day!

No comments: